Duration: Full time, salaried opportunity
Location: Sterling, VA
The Senior Consultant is responsible for the most critical activities on a development project to ensure projects are technologically sound and meet the needs of the customer. Contribute to every stage of the project lifecycle and maintain responsibility for the technical and project management details. Specific duties include:
- Develop a partnership with clients and create a positive relationship to understand clearly business processes, short and long-term business objectives, and functional goals
- Identify clients’ business needs and potential sales opportunities
- Perform consultative post-sales role with customers regarding implementations, configurations and solutions
- Provide additional consulting to improve customer service and enhance overall ROI to clients
- Possesses a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives to anticipate client needs and propose alternative business solutions
- Use productivity tools such as configuration management tools
- Manage projects through full project life cycle
- Set and meet scheduled and self-imposed deadlines on multiple projects with no supervision
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Work with manager and team members to ensure successful project rollout that meets the project’s requirements and satisfies the overall needs of the customer
- Investigate new technologies and methodologies
- Act as both a technical and professional mentor for more junior level consultants
- Successfully lead teams of three (3) or more consultants
- Act as a spokesperson for the firm
- Perform any administrative tasks assigned by management (e.g., status reports, timesheet entry)
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 10+ years’ experience in IT
- 5+ years of experience working with SharePoint. Experience with other Portal products is a plus (Alfresco, IBM Portal, Drupal, Sitecore, etc.)
- 5+ years in application Architecture/enterprise Architecture, systems integration and development, package implementation
- Proven leadership and managerial skills to independently manage teams, during multiple phases of the project lifecycle
- Strong skills to effectively interface with client executives
- Good business analysis/redesign skills with Architecture and implementation experience
- Requirements analysis, conceptual, logical and detailed design skills
- Configuration planning, testing, change management and support experience
- Project management with complex projects and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience integrating AI or machine learning into SharePoint
- Knowledge of Web Architectures including portals, application servers, security, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and .Net technologies.
- Knowledge of relational database technologies and data access patterns and frameworks.
Additional technical qualifications include hands-on experience in several of the following products or technologies: .NET Development Platform (Visual Studio, .Net Framework), C#, C++, VB.Net, ASP.Net, WinForms, Databases, Transact-SQL, XML, Soap, Web Services, agile development, methodologies, SQL Server, Microsoft Azure, Office 365.
- Demonstrated consulting skills, including client relationships and team facilitation
- Well-developed organizational and interpersonal communications skills
- 5+ Years working in an Agile Development environment – Certified Scrum Master a plus.
Send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note: Resumes sent in a Text format will not be considered as they are incredibly difficult to read. Word formatted resumes are ideal.**
i3solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.