Duration: Full time, salaried opportunity
Location: Metro DC area, Secure Facility
Government Security Clearance Requirements: Government security clearance required. TS/SCI. Must possess active clearance. Security+ certification required.
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems to support the ACCS infrastructure and applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Support the identification and resolution of automation and information technology hardware and software issues and problems. This includes the following:
- Administration and maintenance of enterprise class blade and storage technologies to include installation and configuration, performance monitoring and optimization, patching and updating, etc.
- Administration and maintenance of Windows based servers to include 40+ daily system checks, applying Security Template Implementation Guidelines (STIG) and security updates and hotfixes to address Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessments (IAVA).
- Develop and maintain documentation which may include SOPs, TTPs, System Architecture Guides and Diagrams for all related system and hardware configuration adhering to organizational templates and policies on a quarterly basis.
- Record and provide detailed system matrices of ACCS servers and hardware to include utilization, uptime, storage availability, performance, etc.
- Provide Continuity of Operations planning, evaluation, and execution of critical services on up to nine networks with quarterly review and updating as required.
- Installation and configuration of new hardware and software to include enterprise class servers, storage, network devices, and system applications
- Analyzing requirements
- Conducting requirements and integration tests
- Ensure continuity of knowledge of DAIIS IT processes by conducting peer-to-peer mentorship, creating and updating SOPs, TTPs, and other system documentation. End-user training may be required to familiarize users with system capabilities and/or updates.
- Eight years of experience provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure that includes substantive work in PWS Task 5.7.
- Experience provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure
- Experience writing and reviewing SOPs, process documents, business plans, CONOPS, and other technical documents
- Experience working within the intelligence community
- Knowledge of governance, including policies, practices, procedures, and decision forums
- Ability to develop unconventional solutions for customer requirements in a collaborative environment as part of a dynamic team and independently with customers at all levels
- Ability prepare and present briefings and training
- Ability to independently initiate, manage, execute, and report tasks, as identified
- Possession of excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- BA or BS from an accredited college or university
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to read customers, anticipate needs and communicate clearly and effectively
- Solid understanding of basic business concepts and practices
- The ability to lead teams of any size
- Ability to grow client into a major customer
- Self-motivation, with ability to be effective team player
- The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from large groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- The desire and motivation to learn new technologies and to keep current with new technological products, trends and issues
- Solid work ethic with a willingness to work overtime to meet client demands
Send all applications to email@example.com.
**Please note: Resumes sent in a Text format will not be considered as they are incredibly difficult to read. Word formatted resumes are ideal.**
i3solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.